Registration on the West African Economic Empowerment and Development
Agency (WAEEDA) Suppliers Database.
The West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency (WAEEDA), established as a unique autonomous and specialised agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), is charged with spearheading West Africa's Economic Empowerment, rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of West Africa and West African States as well as developing a New Partnership worldwide.
The West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency Procurement Department (WAEEDAPD) is pleased to announce that registering with WAEEDAPD is now a "One-Step" process at the Registry. In its continued partnership with the Global Marketplace (GM), WAEEDAPD and GM have worked together to provide vendors with a powerful yet easy-to-use tool to prepare and submit an application for registration with WAEEDAPD. In addition, the registration criteria has been revised and now allows vendors to select the level of business activity they wish to participate in that best matches their capacities, business scope and commercial strategy. West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency. WAEEDA would like to develop a data base of individual suppliers in different fields which include:
APPAREL, GARMENTS & ACCESSORIES
AUTOMOTIVE, PARTS & COMPONENTS
BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS & HARDWARE
CHEMICALS, MINERALS & ALLOYS
CONSUMER & INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC PARTS AND COMPONENTS
FASHION ACCESSORIES & TEXTILES
GIFT, SOUVENIR & JEWELLERY
MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT & AUTOMATION
OIL AND GAS PRODUCTS
PACKAGING & CONTAINERS
PALM OIL PRODUCTS
PHARMACEUTICAL, TOILETRIES & COSMETICS
Information required for each level of registration
The West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency (WAEEDA) Procurement Department require vendors to register at Basic level only. The West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency (WAEEDA) Procurement Department may require vendors to provide documentation and additional information in lieu of qualifying the vendor for registration at Level 1 or 2. The level of registration and accompanying requirements are determined by the monetary value of potential contracts. The system is intuitive and will automatically only allow vendors to register for Level 1 and 2 with The West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency (WAEEDA) Procurement Department which make use of these additional qualification levels.
Basic registration requirements
1. General information (name of company, licence number, address, telephone, details of contact persons, etc.).
2. Information on countries in which you do business.
3. Classification of your goods and services.
Level 1 requirements
4. Criteria 1-3 above.
5. Certificate of incorporation or equivalent document verifying legal status/capacity.
6. Details and email addresses of at least three independent, non-affiliated references whom you have done business with.
7. Names of owner(s) and principals (including parent company, subsidiaries/affiliates, CEO/Managing Director, and those with controlling interests, if applicable). The names of intermediaries, agents and/or consultants, (if any) used in relation to West African Economic Empowerment and Development Agency contracts or bids/proposals.
Level 2 requirements
8. Criteria 1-7 above.
9. Reference letters from three independent, non-affiliated clients/companies, you have done business with. Reference letters should be in English and from three independent, non-affiliated clients/companies whom you have sold products and/or services to during the last 12 months preferably with a description of project/work undertaken; and date started/completed and value of project. Reference letters should be prepared/signed on the referee's letterhead paper and reference should refer to the entity that is seeking registration.
10. Financial documents (audited/certified financial statements or equivalent) for the last three years (if available).
After making yourself familiar with the WAEEDA business opportunities, registering with WAEEDAPD is the first step to be considered for participating in tendering exercises in an easy and systematic way. Since the WAEEDA Secretariat is currently implementing a new system, registering with WAEEDAPD will provide access to all WAEEDAPD Secretariat entities, including Field Missions, Offices away from Headquarters, Economic Commissions and Tribunals.